Agencja Nasienna Sp. z o.o. in Leszno is a breeders’ organization founded in September 2003 by seven Polish agricultural plant breeding companies. Three years later, 6 companies associated with foreign breeding joined Agencja Nasienna and in the following years further 2. In November 2010, 6 breeding companies specialized in potatoes became our members as well. Currently there are 33 direct or indirect shareholders of Agencja Nasienna Sp. z o.o., who are breeding companies or companies owed by breeders.
Agencja Nasienna as the breeders’ organization is constantly growing, welcoming as new members another agricultural plant breeders, whose plant varieties are sown by Polish farmers.
The reasons for the establishment of Agencja Nasienna Sp. z o.o.
- a low level of certified seed sown, that has a negative impact on the competitiveness of domestic agriculture in the EU;
- a high degree of harm for breeders, farmers and the entire legal seed market, resulting from illegal marketing of seed, infringing an exclusive right to plant variety; (read: exclusive right)
- providing support to the competent seed companies preparing for farmers high-quality seed and reliable clearing of breeders having exclusive rights to protected plant varieties
- losses incurred by farmers using low quality seed, originating from illegal marketing of seed, implementation and realization of control of using FSS.
The services provided by Agencja Nasienna Sp. z. o.o.:
- controlling entrepreneurs pursuing, concluded with breeders, license agreements for the production and marketing of certified seed (read: Licenses)
- collecting and verifying the information related to the use of the privilege of the agricultural exemption (read: the obligation to provide information)
- collecting and controlling information from the processor to execute the service processing the harvested material of protected varieties for planting (read: processors)
- implementing a collective system of collecting fees for FSS;
- supporting the lawful use of protected plant varieties and in particular fighting against the infringement of an exclusive right to plant varieties, in particular the illegal marketing of seed.
Our activities focus on regulating the seed market in Poland, thereby bringing tangible benefits to farmers, breeders and seed companies.